11 thoughts on “I Found An Organic 8-Year Old Cake In The Attic ._.

  1. Moom says:

    Maybe it was made with dried apricots, these have often treated with sulfur dioxide vapor to preserve their yellow color. Of course this also helps to keep fungi and bacteria at bay. The sulfur is harmless for most people, although some are allergic to it and develop a mild form of diarrhoea.

    • Tze says:

      Organic shops usually don’t though. I think it simply too dry for anything to grow on it… plus it was surrounded by oil paint fumes…

  2. Patrick says:

    Verbaast me niets, eigenlijk. De meeste spullen uit de natuurvoedingswinkel smaken naar droog karton dat een jaar in een zompige sloot of in een muffe kelder heeft gelegen. Zelfs de schimmels en bacteriën hadden er daarom geen zin in. 

    • Tze says:

      Hahahaha, ja, sommige dingen waren inderdaad muf en droog. :p Ze hebben wel lekkere dingetjes, maar het meeste is toch van het ‘gezonde’ spul waar eigenlijk niks in zit op ‘natuurlijke’ dingen na… Toch jammer, ik weet nog steeds niet hoe die cake smaakt. XD

    • Tze says:

      Maybe some things just don’t go off because they turn too stale and dry… or it was the fumes from the oil paint and white spirit. ;)

  3. Zomink says:

    EEP! ANCIENT CAKE! I thought it was scary enough when we forget vegetables in the fridge and come back from our holiday to find them intact, but that’s taking it to a whole new level. D: 

    • Tze says:

      I’m hoping it was the fumes of the oil paint and old white spirit brushes that kept it in good shape… :S What kind of vegetables are those? I want your fridge! Mine turn into brown mush when forgotten.

Comments are closed.